Thank you to everyone who came to our parent forum. Our parent forums are a time to discuss ideas and issues and work together to improve what we do. The key focus this time was communication and there was lots of information shared about the website and how we can improve both from school and home. As we move forward, we would like more information shared electronically to avoid parents and staff missing key information. As a result of the forum we are looking to improve:
- how we use parent pay to pay for clubs/trips
- how we can use parent pay for breakfast club
- use of electronic menus rather than paper copies
- organising for parents to register on the website to get information
- giving parents more notice for awards
We also discussed how we could improve homework and inform parents of how children learn Maths, Literacy and Phonics. We will be holding evenings next academic year to show how we teach these subjects.
So, a very positive parent forum. We will be holding another next half term and hope you can come along. Dates will be on the calendar when we return from the summer holidays.