Sports Funding 2017-2018
At Camblesforth Community Primary Academy, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of all our children. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children. High quality physical education not only allows pupils to develop physical development, movement skills and body confidence; but also contributes to physical, mental and social well-being.
We aim to provide a varied programme of high quality sporting activities which enable all pupils to develop positive attitudes towards physical activity and healthy lifestyles. We are committed to ensuring that the funding is used to benefit all pupils, regardless of their sporting ability.
We aim to achieve the following key indicators with our sports premium money:
- Key indicator 1: The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that primary school children undertake at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day in school
- Key indicator 2: The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Key indicator 3: Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Key indicator 4: Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Key indicator 5: Increased participation in competitive sport
We expect to receive £16,930 for the year 2017-2018. This is to benefit every child in our school. We currently have 90 children on roll from age 4 to age 11 years.
Use of Sports Funding 2016-2017: