Sports Funding 2016-2017
At Camblesforth Community Primary Academy, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of all our children. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children. High quality physical education not only allows pupils to develop physical development, movement skills and body confidence; but also contributes to physical, mental and social well-being.
We aim to provide a varied programme of high quality sporting activities which enable all pupils to develop positive attitudes towards physical activity and healthy lifestyles. We are committed to ensuring that the funding is used to benefit all pupils, regardless of their sporting ability.
In order to facilitate the above, we plan to make use of the sports funding to:
- Enhance participation in sporting activities by providing after school sports clubs for pupils
- Develop the expertise of teaching staff by providing regular opportunities to work alongside sports coaches
- To provide staff training to further develop teachers’ ability to teach the skills necessary to participate in competitive team sports
- To further extend opportunities for pupils to participate in sporting events with other schools
- To purchase resources necessary to provide a variety of sporting activities for pupils
- To train a member or staff to deliver a Change4life club during the lunchtime period
- For membership of a Local Schools’ partnership which provides inter-school competitions, staff training, network meetings for PE subject leaders and access to a specialist teacher to deliver sessions for pupils and staff within school
- To provide transport to enable pupils to participate in the above schedule of events
We expect to receive £8,480 for the year 2016-17. This is to benefit every child in our school. We currently have 108 children on roll from age 4 to age 11 years.
(see attached document for details)