Everyone at Camblesforth Community Primary Academy is determined to create an inclusive culture of learning where:
- All children will be challenged in their thinking, to achieve to the best of their abilities and strive to become lifelong learners.
- We offer a high standard of teaching and personalised learning set within a broad, balanced and creative curriculum.
- We provide a safe, happy and healthy place that fosters positive relationships and high standards of behaviour.
- We value and celebrate Camblesforth’s rich and diverse community and promote equal opportunities for all.
- We develop strong partnerships and positive relationships with parents, carers and the wider community.
- We inspire children to become confident and caring individuals who will make a positive contribution towards society and enjoy future success.
This can be done most effectively when all staff, parents and children understand their responsibilities and work together towards the same goals.
● Will treat children fairly and encourage children to develop positive relationships.
● Will encourage children to behave well and provide a safe, secure and stimulating learning environment.
● Will provide a broad, balanced and exciting curriculum tailored to the needs of each pupil.
● Will keep you regularly informed of your child’s progress
● Will provide interesting and exciting clubs, trips, events and other activities.
● Will let you know of any concerns that we have and offer support as well as the opportunity to meet with the key staff.
● Will show honesty and respect to other children and adults.
● Will behave well and look after school property.
● Will always try my best and begin to take responsibility for my own learning; including my homework.
● Will work hard to achieve my targets and bring to school everything that I need for the day.
● Will make the most of the clubs, trips and other activities that take place at Camblesforth Community Primary Academy.
● Will tell a member of staff if I am worried about anything.
The Parent/ Carer
● In accordance with the law, will make sure that my child attends school regularly, arriving for 8.55am, and leaving on time.
● Will appreciate that homework is important and will spend time encouraging my child to complete it.
● Will be respectful to other adults and children.
● Will encourage my child to behave well and be supportive of school policies; particularly in relation to behaviour.
● Will take an interest in my child’s learning by attending Open Evenings and other school events.
● Will support the school where possible with trips, workshops and ‘Friends of Camblesforth School’ activities.
● Will let the school know, in a calm, supportive manner, of any problems which may affect my child’s health, work or behaviour.