Camblesforth Community Primary Academy (School Development Plan) is a vital school document. It is how, we as a school and governing body, identify keys areas for development in our teaching and learning, plan for improvements in the coming year and review and evaluate ourselves as to how we have met our objectives. The SDP goes into detail on specific areas including all the teaching subjects, SEND, premises and facilities and the governing body but below is an overview of our aims and objectives this year.
Our children follow a broad, balanced and integrated programme based upon the National Curriculum and needs of our school community. We believe our approach will inspire a love of learning and unlock the potential that lies within all of our children, preparing them to be happy, successful and responsible citizens in the future.
We have a constantly evolving curriculum which responds to the needs of learners and their interests by enhancing learning experiences and raising awareness from the local area to national and global arenas. Thus, we will develop outward looking pupils who are able to engage in learning about themselves and have an understanding of the wider world and its complex cultures.
This year our priorities are
- To support NQTs to maintain high expectations of their own development, as well as that of the pupils in their charge
- To further develop approaches and systems for the teaching of writing and spelling across school to ensure school reaches the aspirational targets
- To develop the teaching, learning and assessment of foundation subjects to ensure clear progression is evidenced across the full range of curriculum areas
- To offer a wide, challenging and motivating curriculum to all pupils at the school
- To Increase the % of children achieving greater depth standard in writing
- To develop further systems for pupil voice and opportunities for children to take on greater roles of responsibility in school
- Develop the strategic role of the newly appointed substantive head with the support from Ebor leadership programme and links with local school
- To ensure our SEN provision is fully operational and embedded within the school’s systems and structure
If you would like more information, please talk to Mr Card.