At Camblesforth Community Primary Academy, a high standard of personal appearance is expected of all pupils. Children must wear uniform from Reception class upwards. They should also bring their own book bag to school each day. Bookbags are required for Reception and KS1. Our branded uniform and book bags are available from Classroom Clothing in Selby. Classroom Clothing
- Plain black or grey skirt or pinafore, or plain straight black or grey trousers or tailored shorts ( no jeans, leggings, jogging bottoms or denim material trousers)
- Blue gingham summer dress
- White or navy blue polo shirt or white blouse (with no graphics or logos other than school name and logo)
- Camblesforth Primary Academy jumper or cardigan with logo, or plain navy jumper/cardigan
- Plain black sensible styled shoes or boots (No trainers, no heels or flip flops.)
- Black,white socks or grey socks/tights for skirts
- Plain black or grey trousers or tailored shorts (no jeans, leggings, jogging bottoms or denim material trousers)
- White or navy blue polo shirt or white shirt (with no graphics or logos other than school name and logo)
- Camblesforth Academy jumper with logo, or plain navy jumper
- Plain black sensible styled shoes (No trainers, no heels or flip flops.)
- Black/white socks
For PE lessons, we ask the children to wear:
- Black shorts
- White t-shirt
- White socks
- Black plimsolls
- Outdoor trainers (non-marking soles).
- Black or navy jogging bottoms.
- Black or navy warm top/outdoor tracksuit top.
- Girls – full swimming costume / Boys – short fitted swim shorts
- Just one small gold or silver stud may be worn in each ear. This rule applies to both boys and girls
- No other jewellery may be worn
- If possible earrings should be removed for PE. If they are unable to take their earrings out then children are able to wear tape/plasters over their earrings to offer additional protection. Parents, carers or children themselves must apply the tape/plaster on their ears. School staff are not permitted to put tape/plasters on for the children or help to take earrings out or put them back in
- We always recommend that pupils have their ears pierced at the start of the summer holidays to avoid disruption to their learning
Please note that the school is unable to take responsibility for the safekeeping of any items of jewellery throughout the day.
- Make up and nail varnish is not permitted
- It is advisable for children with longer hair to tie it back for school for health and safety reasons.
- Extreme haircuts, shaved hair designs, dyed colours etc are not appropriate for school and are not permitted.
At Camblesforth we recognise that school uniforms are expensive and as students grow,they can grow out of uniforms quite quickly.
We would love parents to donate preloved school uniforms that would have been thrown away due to no longer fitting your Children.
We hope this will be a small way in which we can all support each other and contribute to reducing clothing waste and protect the environment.
All items and sizes are now available in ParentPay so you are able to make payment directly and we can manage the stock of available sizes.
The uniform can either then be sent home with your child or collected from the office if you just advise your preference in your request.
All money raised will go towards supporting the children’s learning and development in school.
(Please note if you wish to donate preloved uniform to the shop it must be of good quality and clean.)